Prospects & Property
The original forum for buying and selling prospects & properties since the 1980s
Terms, Conditions & Disclaimers
PLS Dealmakers Prospect & Property Expo (“Dealmakers” or “Expo”) is a registered trademark and product of PLS, Inc. (herein referred to as “PLS”).
Dealmakers is an event for Sellers of 1) Prospects; 2) producing properties, lease or land positions (herein also referred to as Prospects); 3) Buyers or investors of Oil and Gas assets; 4) Vendors or Service companies; and/ or 5) Capital Providers and Banks to meet, greet, and network (collectively “Attendee”). In consideration for access to Dealmakers all participants must understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. Parties. This Agreement is between PLS and the Attendee. The terms "you," "your," or "Attendee" as used in this Agreement refer to the individual named Attendee, and includes Attendee's representatives, company, agents and any party registering you with your authorization. Dealmakers Expo is held and conducted by PLS, its Dealmakers Sponsors and other industry related associations and entities, which sponsor and attend Dealmakers. These entities other than PLS are referred to herein as "Dealmakers Sponsors." The locations where Dealmakers Expos are held are referred to collectively herein as “Dealmakers Facilities”.
2. Event. The 2013 Dealmakers Expos are comprised of each event’s set up periods; complimentary breakfast, lunch and cocktail receptions; as well as the exhibition period. Dealmakers will be held 8 times in the 2013 calendar year. Locations vary by event. PLS reserves the right to change any and all Dates and Locations.
3. Passes & Pickup. Anyone wishing to attend any Dealmakers Expo must purchase an appropriate level pass or booth. Dealmakers passes can be purchased up to the day of the event at the advertised rates. Passes will be available for purchase at the door but at a higher than advertised rate. Exhibitors who have purchased a booth will also receive passes with their purchase. Each attendee must pick up his or her own viewer pass onsite the day of the event. Photo Identification will be required. If no photo identification is presented, PLS retains the right to deny access to the expo and any reception event.
4. Transfers & Cancellations. Registrants are able to transfer their viewer passes to coworkers or any appropriate designee at no charge up to the day of the event. Attendee cancellations must be submitted in writing and will not be charged a cancellation fee, however no refunds will be issued under any circumstance. Send written transfer or cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendees who have purchased booths may not assign or apportion the whole or any part of the space allotted to them without first receiving written consent from PLS.
5. Attendee Decorum and Conduct. All attendees must dress and conduct themselves in a professional and businesslike manner. PLS retains the right to revoke and cancel attendee registration and to remove any attendee whose conduct or dress is unprofessional in PLS’s sole discretion. PLS also retains the right to cancel such attendees’ registration whose networking conduct is determined to be excessive or aggressive in PLS’s sole discretion and remove or require the removal of aforementioned attendee without any refund of pass or booth fees paid nor will PLS or the Dealmakers facility or its staff, be liable for consequential damages.
6. Force Majeure. If an event, including, but not limited to, acts of God; acts, regulations, or orders of governmental authorities; fire, flood or explosion; war, disaster, civil disorder, acts of terrorism or other violence, curtailment of transportation facilities, or other emergency, or any event beyond the control of PLS or the Dealmakers facility, makes it impossible, illegal or otherwise inadvisable for PLS or the Dealmakers facility to provide the facilities or services contracted herein, this Contract shall terminate without further obligation on the part of any party hereto. In the event of cancellation, postponement or disruption of Dealmakers for any cause beyond the control of PLS, PLS shall have no obligation whatsoever to Attendee. Attendee hereby waives any and all claims against PLS and the Dealmakers facility for damages or compensation due to cancellation or postponement of Dealmakers.
7. Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements. Attendee agrees to comply with all applicable requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, its regulations and guidelines (collectively, the “ADA”), and agrees to construct and operate their booths in compliance with the ADA.
8. Use of Attendee Names and Photography. By attending Dealmakers, the Attendee grants PLS perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable license to use, reproduce, and display Attendee name, trade name(s), and the name(s) of its product(s) and service(s), in any directory or other listing of Dealmakers in any and all media forms. In no event shall PLS be liable for any errors or for the omission of Attendee from any directory or other listing. Attendee also agrees that PLS and its representatives may photograph and record video and/or audio of Attendees, their booths and workers and may use these photographs and recordings for promotional and compliance purposes.
Further, due to the sensitive nature of Prospects/Properties, photography and/or video recording of any booths by any Attendee other than representatives of PLS is strictly prohibited. Exceptions shall be made only with advance expressed written permission is obtained from PLS, from the Attendees whose booth is to be photographed or videotaped, and from all individuals to appear in the photograph or video.
9. Severability & Facility Contract. In the event any provision of this Contract is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any other provision(s) hereof, and such invalid provision shall be deemed to be severed from the Contract and the balance of the Contract retained.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, Attendee understands that this Contract is subject to the terms of an agreement between PLS and the Dealmakers facilities, and to the terms of any and all agreements between PLS and any other party relating to Dealmakers, including caterers, contractors, etc. Attendees shall not undertake any act or fail to fulfill any obligation which shall be in violation of any such agreement.
10. Warranties. By attending Dealmakers Expo, attendees expressly understand, acknowledge and agree as follows:
a. PLS’s function in hosting Dealmakers is solely for the purpose of affording an opportunity for all attendees to meet, greet, and network. Any Prospect displayed at Dealmakers shall not constitute any offer to sell or to purchase, and any communication between any parties regarding same shall be pursued separate and apart from PLS and Dealmakers.
b. Neither PLS, nor any Dealmakers Sponsors, nor any of their directors, officers, representatives or employees, or their members acting on behalf of PLS represent or warrant that they have in any manner investigated any Prospect or Attendee. None of such parties make any representation or warranty, express or implied, and hereby disclaim all implied warranties, as to (i) the accuracy or completeness of any information regarding Prospects or capital transactions, (ii) the presence and viability of natural resources in, on or under any Prospects, (iii) the availability of or interest in a Prospect or capital transaction.
c. Attendees hereby release PLS and the Dealmakers Sponsors, and their directors, officers, representatives, and employees and their members acting on behalf of PLS from any and all liability or claims of copyright or intellectual property violation or any other charge that may be incurred as a consequence of your showing any Prospect or capital transaction at Dealmakers.
d. Attendee expressly assumes all risks associated with, resulting from, or arising in connection with their participation at Dealmakers, including, without limitation, all risks of theft, loss, harm, damage, or injury to the person (including death), property, business, or profits of Attendee, whether caused by negligence, intentional act, accident, act of God, or otherwise.
11. Dealmakers Facility Rules/Security.
a. Attendee shall comply at all times with the Rules and Regulations of the Dealmakers facility (including all Fire Regulations and Damage Prevention Rules, rules governing the installation and dismantling of exhibits, and Union Rules and Regulations). Attendee shall be solely responsible for their compliance with such rules and regulations, and shall hold PLS harmless for Attendee’s failure to comply therewith.
b. Serving of beverages or food from your booth must be approved by PLS and the Dealmakers facility prior to the commencement of Dealmakers.
c. Attendees will be responsible for providing, at their own expense, any security they may deem necessary for their exhibit, PLS and the Dealmakers facility will not be liable for any theft or damage to exhibits or possessions. Attendees shall promptly pay the cost of any and all damage it causes to the Dealmakers facility, booth equipment, or property of another party.
12. Indemnification. You are solely responsible for any actions taken by you or your representatives, or advise others to take, using any information presented or received at Dealmakers or regarding any Prospect which displayed for purchase at Dealmakers, on any capital transaction that is offered at Dealmakers, or any representations or use of any such information. You hereby indemnify and agree to defend PLS and the Dealmakers Sponsors, their directors, officers, representatives and employees and their members acting on behalf of PLS from and against any and all claims, lawsuits, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs) incurred or resulting in any manner whatsoever by PLS and the Dealmakers Sponsors as a result of any matter set forth in this paragraph 16, or of any reliance or breach by you or your representatives under this Agreement.
THIS CONTRACT SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
Dealmakers:1-day power packed expos
Unique opportunity for showing deals
Intimate atmosphere for deal discussions
Focused setting perfect to show deals
What companies?Exploration companies
Independent geologists & prospect generators
Public & private independents
State, province, federal & Indian land officials
Oil & gas operators
Banks, investors & capital providers
Service company executives
Things to do:Sell your prospect or property
Find capital for your project
Meet new partners
Sell working interest or overrides
Negotiate & structure deals
Learn about capital markets
|The original forum for buying, selling & networking|